Lively Run Goat Dairy Presents Traditional German Celebration Oct 4th
A Buck’s Tale – A Lively Run Event
A Buck’s Tale is a German tradition that Lively Run Dairy is bringing to the Finger Lakes. Families will come to the farm to hear the story of “A Buck’s Tale,” told by Lively Run owner Susanne Messmer (a native of Germany), and celebrate the German way – with local beer, live music, and delicious German food.
WHAT: A Buck’s Tale – A German Tradition
A Buck’s Tale is based on a tradition from the “Pfaltz” region of Southwest Germany that began in the Middle Ages and has turned into a celebration in the modern day. The story is about how two German towns found peace through the gift of a goat buck. Lively Run owner, Susanne Messmer, is native to Germany and is bringing this fun celebration to the Finger Lakes.
This is an entertaining and educational cultural event for all ages that is celebrating the beginning of our herd’s breeding season and will focus on Lively Run’s goat buck, Austin. We will tell the story of “A Buck’s Tale,” and celebrate the German way – with local beer, live music, and delicious German food.
- Local beer from Bandwagon Brewpub
- Live music by Rebecca Colleen with Pete McDonald
- “A Buck’s Tale” presentation at 12:00
- German food including sauerkraut and local meat. Vegetarian options available.
- Cheese tastings and “Meet the cheese maker” tours (reservations recommended)
- Family Games
Please visit our blog to learn more about the German tradition “A Buck’s Tale” is based off of.
WHERE: Lively Run Dairy – 8978 County Road 142, Interlaken, NY 14847
WHEN: Saturday, October 4, 2014 from 10:00 to 5:00. The story of “A Buck’s Tale” will be told at 12:00pm.
** Event will take place rain or shine.
Schedule of Events:
- 10:00am – Doors open
- 11:00am – “Meet the Cheese Maker” tour
- 12:00pm – Procession of the buck
- 12:15pm “A Buck’s Tale” – told by Susanne Messmer
- 1:00pm – Family Games
- 1:15pm to 4:15pm – Live music by Rebecca Colleen with Peter McDonald
- 2:00pm – “Meet the Cheese Maker” tour
- 3:30pm – “Meet the Cheese Maker” tour
- Admission to the event is free
- Food and beverage are for purchase
- Tours are $7.50/person and include a cheese tasting
- Cheese tastings without a tour are $3/person
About the Farm:
Lively Run Goat Dairy is one of the longest operating commercial goat dairies in the country, beginning production in New York State in 1982 and pioneering goat cheese in the American marketplace. Their delicious artisan goat and cow cheeses have become a staple in kitchens across the Finger Lakes and beyond. Their products contain no preservatives, no food colorings, no artificial additives of any kind, and use only vegetable rennet.
If you would like more information about this topic, pictures and images, or to schedule an interview with Lively Run Dairy Owner, Susanne Messmer, please call Katie Shaw at 570-772-3011 or email Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org